On 10/06/2007 11:56 PM, Peteris Krisjanis wrote:

> I have onboard sound card of ATI fame:
> 0000:00:14.2 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc SB450 HDA Audio (rev 01)
> Uses snd-intel-hda module.
>
> So, this sound card seems to be fixed to 48000Hz for recording. I
> know, that using plughw will help to avoid any problems with
> resampling and I also have no problem to specify 48000 while
> recording. However, it made me curious - is there at least partly
> usable way to get current sample rate of device via ALSA drivers and
> tools? I know, for example, ice1712 allows me to set and get sample
> rate via mixer, but what about simpler soundcards?

"Current sample rate" only has meaning with the device open , and if I
understand you right, a "cat /proc/asound/card0/pcm0{p,c}/sub0/hw_params
will then get you what you want as to the "get" part (substitute for 0 in
the above as required).

As to the set, you'd open it with different parameters, and you then
supposedly know what they were, I guess...

Rene.