I am trying to build the application xdemorse and need to set my sound card
configuration in a header file:

/************ CUSTOMIZE THESE DEFINITIONS FOR YOUR NEEDS *************/

#define MIXER_DEV      "/dev/mixer" /* Your mixer device */
#define DSP_DEV          "/dev/dsp" /* Your dsp device   */
#define RECORD_SRC           "line" /* Signal recording source */
#define INPUT_LEV           "igain" /* Input gain/level device */
#define CAPTURE_LEV              50 /* Default level of line and igain */
#define NUM_OF_CHANNELS           2 /* Stereo/Mono: 1=Mono, 2=Stereo   */
#define USE_CHANNEL           RIGHT /* Channel for capture LEFT|RIGHT  */

The question becomes what should I use for the Audiophile 2496?

I have spent the afternoon searching the web, alsa docs, and the mailing list
archive, but have not yet found the answer.

So far this looks like I may need to have some sort of custom asoundrc file.

Could someone please point me in the right direction.

Darrell

--
Darrell Bellerive