I have a new system that I built with MythDora 4.0 on an Asus
barebones P1-AH2 system.  Everything works, except the audio seems to
be misconfigured and all my efforts so far have not improved things --
no worse, just not fixed.

This system has has an ALC861-DTS Azalia 6 Channel audio interface
built into the motherboard.  It shows up in /proc/asound/cards as
"HDA-Intel - HDA NVidia".

I updated to the latest BIOS.

I added "options snd-hda-intel index=0 position_fix=1 model=3stack" to
/etc/modprobe.conf.

I installed alsa-kmdl-2.6.20-1.2944.fc6.i686 version 1.0.14-58_rc3.fc6.at.

I upgraded to alsa-utils.i386 version 1.0.14-0.2.rc1.fc6.

When I run alsamixer, the first item used to be Master before I did
all these things, and now it shows as Headphone, but it still only
allows muting, no volume control.  Next to it is PCM with a volume
slider that does nothing for the headphones I have connected and the
PCM item doesn't support muting.  Following these are several more
items which support only muting and then some more playback items for
line, cd, and mic that support volume control and mute.

It looks to me like something is getting bogus configuration data, but
I don't know what bogus data, where it is coming from, or how to fix
it.

Anyone here have any advice for a lost MythDora user?

Craig.