Erik Slagter wrote:
> As imho pulseaudio doesn't add significant functionality if you're not
> using remote (over the network) audio, you'd be better off without it,
> i.e. remove all pulseaudio packages alltogether.

That must be a different pulseaudio to the one I'm using then.  The
per-application mixer (pavucontrol) is very useful and being able to
move a running stream from the normal output to the USB soundcard I've
just plugged iis extremely cool (yes, I know I could just restart
mplayer and tell it to use the different soundcard).   Sure, if you have
either very simple (one soundcard, one well-behaved app) or very complex
(jack) requirements then pulseaudio isn't going to help, but for
anything in between it's way in advance of anything we've had before.

jch