Hi,

  I am new to this Linux audio. I am trying to record the audio streams from
different instances of firefox playing flash video into different files. I
tried using dmix and the file plugin but that only gives me the mixed stream.
What I would like to do is to record the individual streams before it hit the
dmix. Is this possible? I thought of creating a virtual pcm with say 6 channels
and use dshare and file plugin to split it to support 3 instances of flash
video. However, flash player in firefox only understand the default pcm so how
can I force the other instances to use the other dshared channels? Hope this is
not too confusing. Currently trying this in CentOS 5.1. Would appreciate any
help and pointers to do this. If anyone has done similar stuff, would be glad
if you could post your .asoundrc or asound.conf for reference.

Thanks,
Shaun