On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 11:34 AM, Julien Claassen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi!
>   I suppose the best way to start might be to create some pcm-device in
> your
> .asoundrc or asound.conf.

Ouch,  have tried to dig into the asound configuration a couple of times,
but had little success understanding the overall design principles.

>   There you know exactly how many channels you have.
>   Only other thing _I_ can imagine might help is: startup alsamixer, see
> how
> many playback channels you have, look for the setting of your card's
> internal
> clock and then try again.

Found it to be 44100 it seems (multitrack internal clock). However, this
frequency didn't work either.

>   If you don't have to rely on alsa, you could try it with jack. It's much
> simpler because you see all channels, listed as ports and then you can
> connect
> them as you wish.

Sorry, that is not an option due to JavaSound bindings on top of ALSA.

Helge