> That one just ended. I wasn't paying attention to this one due to the fact
> that halfway in you reported that it worked but I see it's the exact same
> issue. Also an EV1938.

Yeah, I was excited when I heard sound at that day. But a week later, when I
powered on the box again, I found there's no sound any more :-(

> It's a problem with communication between the ENS1371 part and the AC97
> part -- like in that other thread, you also get varying IDs (0x00008384 and
> 0xffff8384; it _should_ likely be 0x83847605) and what I find very
> interesting is that it worked for you once. This can certainly happen if the
> problem is timing related.
>
> Are you capable of testing patches? (ie, applying them, recompiling the
> driver, re-installing, reloading, ...)

Just so so at them, but now I have to put this issue aside due to limited
bandwidth. Sorry about this.

> And the first thing I'd try would likely be putting the machine under some
> sort of massive load while loading the driver... :-/

I don't know if it can help or not, just FYI, the box is old (2001)-- the
mainboard is Gigabyte (GA-60X)  Intel 815EP AGPset.

> Rene.

Many thanks for your help and patience,
Best Regards,