Le Tue, 17 Feb 2009 11:07:44 -0500,
jeremy boyd <jerb...@sympatico.ca> a écrit :

> hello everyone, this is my first post to the list so please bear with me
> if my questions are longwinded.
>
> i have an hp dv7 laptop with an stac92xx intel hda card. i have two
> questions, first i have been unable to get the onboard digital mic
> working, although in fedora alpha the mic input works well. are there
> some settings that need to be adjusted to get this mic working or is it
> a linux kernel issue?
>
> my second question is regarding the "subwoofer" under my laptop.
> recently i installed vista on a spare drive to update my bios and while
> i was there i installed the audio drivers for my laptop to see what the
> performance was like. i was surprised at the amount of bass the thing
> put out. also the audio driver had a crossover to keep the low
> frequencies going only to the woofer and not the front speakers. after
> returning to fedora i used the vlc eq to simulate the effect. it sounded
> ok but not as clear because the sub frequencies were also coming through
> the front speakers. so my question is this. is there a way to set a
> system wide equalisation and/or set a crossover frequency for the woofer?
>
> thanks in advance
> jeremy boyd
> hp pavilion dv7
> fedora 10 64bit

You can take a look here :
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/alsa-equalizer-351373/

I think that the best solution is to run jack and jamin. It is not so
hard to setup. Personally, I made a boot script that launch jack at startup as
my regular user (I can even stop and restart it with qjackctl afterward). I can
post on the list it if you want, but you may have to adapt it for your
distribution (mine is gentoo). I also modified the timidity++ boot script so
that it will use jack. I really prefer the couple alsa+jack over any other
sound server.

For the setup, you can also take a look here:
http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/JACK

Cheers,
Dominique