Interesting to hear that it works straight out of the box on 64-bit.
Unfortunately I have no way to test that since I don't have any 64-bit
capable hardware in the house (I know it's hard to believe!).
I've only got a Northwood, a Banias, a Dothan, two Yonahs, and two dual
Sossamans - I guess I'm still in 32-bit land here.
If I do get my hands on some 64-bit hardware (maybe at work) I'll test out
my change, but in the meantime, would someone else be kind enough to verify
that this is indeed not necessary on 64-bit Linux and that my change doesn't
break anything?

Thanks,
---Dan