Hi Bill,
On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 7:51 PM, Bill Unruh <un...@physics.ubc.ca> wrote:

> Nope. sound works fine on mine. Note that alsa is now on .19, and .12 is
> ancient.

I did not mean that I was running Alsa .12.  I am running the latest that
comes with Ubuntu 9.04.  I simply meant that according to the changelog this
is the point at which support for my particular laptop was apparently added.
 So, its been "supported" for a good while yet I cannot get it working.

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 7:51 PM, Bill Unruh <un...@physics.ubc.ca> wrote:

> But you have not told us anything except that you have the LC QB01A9
> notebook.
> Are we really supposed to track down the sound card?

I have posted all the details in the past (although perhaps not on this
list).  I will do so again.  Right now I am under Windows Vista... let me
reboot and give you the details you ask for.

Regards,
Daren