2011/5/9 Tom Mercelis <t...@mercelis.be>

> **
> Op 2/05/2011 21:54, Diego Casella ([Po]lentino) schreef:
>

> I'm in trouble with the laptop I bought ~5 months ago. It's an Italian
> brand (see [0]) which ships with a Realtek ALC888 sound card.
> Since the beginning, sound never came out from the speakers, only from the
> headphones jack; I've tried to have a look to ALSA-Configuration.txt but,
> since there isn't my laptop model listed there (it's an Octave 180W btw), I
> really have no idea about how I should modify alsa-base in order to make my
> soundcard
> behave correctly. So I've downloaded your alsa-info script, I've run it,
> and the result is in [1].
> I hope you guys could point me in the right direction, thanks.
>

> Hello,
>
> I'm not an alsa expert, but when trying to figure out routing of different
> channels to different physical connectors/outputs, I've used HDA Analyser (
> http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/HDA_Analyzer) on an ALC888 and
> was able to set mini-jacks to input or output, or assign different channels
> to the different connectors to have surround 5.1 on a 3 jack notebook.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Tom Mercelis

Sorry for my late reply, I've been really busy with the university lately,
however I want to thank you for your tip. HDA_Analyzer did the trick, I've
even tweaked the amplifiers a little, and now the audio really rocks :)
However, I need some help again: in order to get the audio working, I have
to run HDA_Analyzer every time I reboot my computer: how could I made these
changes permanent?
Thank you again for your help,
Cheers

Diego.

--
H: Who is Watson without Sherlock Holmes?
G: Watson was a genius in his own right.

KDE developer - www.kde.org
My personal blog: http://polentino911.wordpress.com/