On Sun, 2011-09-04 at 18:09 +0200, Christoph Henkelmann wrote:
> Hi Krzysztof,
>
> On Thu, 2011-08-18 at 15:29 -0400, Krzysztof Adamski wrote:
> > Turtle Beach Audio Advantage Micro USB 5.1 Channel Sound Card for
> > Notebooks W/ Digital Out
> > works perfectly as a SPDIF AC3/DTS pass through under Linux.
> I have the Turtle Beach Audio Advantage Micro II and cannot get it to do
> playback over digital out or digital passthrough.
>
> Analog output over headphone-jacks works, though. If I try digital
> playback I get no signal on my receiver. I do hear digital noise over
> the headphones, though.
>
> Do you also have the Micro II or the first version? Did you have to do
> anything else to get it to work?
>
> I am trying to get digital passthrough to work with the Micro II for
> weeks now, any pointers are much appreciated...

I have the first one, I didn't have to do anything special, does your
have an optical SPDIF output. On mine there is a little adaptor that
plugs into the headphone jack and gives me the optical output. If the
red light is not on then it will not work with Linux.

If you are not getting anywhere with yours you may want to ask on the
mythtv list, there people use all kind of devices to get the DTS pass
through under Linux. Very likely somebody has already tried the Micro
II.