It's even worse. The Busses are not connected to a specific Port. Now I
have the card connected uniquely to one of my two USB3 ports.

$ lsusb
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 004 Device 003: ID 0582:0096 Roland Corp. EDIROL UA-1EX
Bus 004 Device 004: ID 0471:0010 Philips (or NXP)

So the 3.0 hub is Bus 003, that card attached is Bus 004 - the same as
the midiinterface, which is connected to an USB2 Port. And the USB3 port
was Bus 002 before boot. Who shall understand that mess?

Well, this still leaves the question open, why are the vid/pid settings
ignored? They do work for the USB Midi interface, not for the edirol

alias snd-card-5 snd-usb-audio
options snd-usb-audio index=5 vid=0x0582 pid=0x0096

$ cat /proc/asound/cards
  0 [Intel          ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
                       HDA Intel at 0xf49f4000 irq 54
  1 [UA1EX          ]: USB-Audio - UA-1EX
                       EDIROL UA-1EX at usb-0000:00:1d.0-1.2, full speed

Should be card 5, shouldn't it?

Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011