Hi,

I found some discussions online
(http://www.xcore.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1719) which suggest
that it might be useful to disable the mixer, though this post relates
to a different sound card/slightly different problem. But it would
also fit to the last sentence of your answer.

In the post quoted above, the mixer is disabled by modifying the
source code and recompiling afterwards. I am not very familiar with
the details of alsa, so I would like to ask whether this is the only
way to do this or whether there is some easier way to get there ?

Thanks,

Florian