On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 11:09 PM, D.T.au <dan...@iki.fi> wrote:
> i managed earlier to create a loopback device, and it worked so-so.
>
> but i have one stubborn application that insists on using the default
> soundcard's first capture device (sndpeek).

I use this default device, that can actually be pointed to any other
via environment variable.
I am not sure if it can help for your other problems, but in my system
all the application
used the correct pcm indicated by ALSAPCM.

(Change the hw:Audigy2 with your default)

 pcm.!default {
   type plug
   slave.pcm {
     @func getenv