Hi Robin, thanks for your support.

Actually, it is working ok in windows and I've tried to save settings to
hardware using the proprietary software. The ScarletMix software only let
you change a few settings like connect the hardware inputs to the outputs
and set the impedance of the input preamps. There is no way you could set
all signals comming from usb to all outputs and save that to the hardware.

Besides, enabling the alsa-mixer should not allow you to change any routing
settings, only the volumes of the channels.  Or am I talking nonsense?

Does anyone have a 6i6 working with the current alsa release, so we can
confirm if this is something with my device or a general problem?

Tks!