Rutger and list,

On Dec 20, 2013 12:38 PM, "Rutger Noot" <rutger.n...@laposte.net> wrote:

> Thanks!
>
> I mistakenly thought that the value of bcdUSB only reflected the maximal
> capability as read from the device. And in fact speed given
> in /sys/bus/usb/devices/.../speed also corresponds to usb 2.0. So my
> problem definitely not linked to bandwidth (moreover, the dac sounds
> fine at 16/176.4 which would require at least the bandwidth of
> 24/88.2).
>
> But oddly, 24bit resolution is ok @44.1kHz.

Rutger, a few more ideas from my own experiences with my reluctant USB
devices.

Let's say you start playing a 9624 file with aplay and you hear problems.
If you stop and start the same file several times, is the problem resolved?

What messages do you see in syslog regarding the device?

Is the behavior different if you boot vs. Hotplug the device (messages and
playback)?