Hi Alsa-users

I am using a Lenovo X201s under Debian and wonder why I can't seem to
amplify the (minijack) microphone input to be usable with external
microphones.

Alsamixer gives me the following controls for "capture":
        Capture
        Analog Mic Boost
        Digital

The "Analog Mic Boost" does work with the internal mic, and it also
amplifies the external mic input (or mainly its noise floor), but the
external mic level is still too low.
The external microphone itself is tested and works very well on other
computers. It doesn't sound like / seem to be a faulty connector.
So I am wondering if there is any software control that is not
displayed for the external mic input in alsamixer, but that would help
me getting a clean signal at decent levels. The chip indicated is
"Intel IbexPeak HDMI".

Anyone having similar experiences with that type of hardware?

Thank you all so much!
best, Peter