> Earlier you mentioned some error messages in your syslog. Are these
> absent in 3.12-1?
>
> If so, you can probably find the new code in the source tree and see
> if you can detect what is happening.

Thanks, that's a good idea. I'll take a look at the source to see if I
can figure out where the message comes from.

> > I tested using Foobar on Win7 in my university's library on a Dell
> > machine and the DAC worked properly. I don't have other Linux
> > machines at the moment to test with.
> > >
> > Where can I view and submit bug reports for snd_usb_audio?
>
> Maybe one of the devs on this list can answer this.
>
> I believe that snd_USB_audio bugs are filed against the kernel.
> Certainly the kernel bug tracker has lots of bugs filed under that.
>
> > I've been trying to figure that out to determine if something is
> > already filed for this but I cannot seem to locate the proper place.
> >
> > I tried to test Ubuntu 14.04.1 but the USB drive didn't boot. I'll
> > try again.
>
> I think it's worthwhile to try with a live CD / memory stick version
> of Ubuntu given that we know it works for me and given the problems
> you experience above.

I agree that this is worthwhile. I'll do this before reviewing the
kernel code. School is too busy right now, so it'll be 2 weeks at least.

> Given that you have found that 3.12 works and 3.14 doesn't we have to
> hope that one of the experts on this list can chime in with some
> better suggestions than mine.

Before I could check dmesg of 3.12 I had a skirmish with systemd (I
tried to change to upstart) so, long story short, I lost the kernel. I
probably shouldn't have, but I didn't know how to fix the init system.

Once Debian moves ahead with their kernel versions I'm not sure how to
get the old packages.

Regardless, I can't submit a bug against the kernel when I use a Debian
kernel. I downloaded, configured, and compiled 3.10.51, 3.12.1,
3.12.26, and 3.16. They all exhibit the same issues:

44.1 kHz: static and silence
48 kHz: works well
88.2 kHz: static and silence
96 kHz: works well