Ctirad Feřtr wrote:
>>> BUT, if I insert a graphics card with its own HDMI and load the module
>>> with the same options as above, the PCH id is renamed to HDMI_1 and
>>> occupies index 1, while the HDMI from gfx card is on index 0. Same
>>> with parameters id=HDMI index=2 or any other index.
>>
>> These parameters affect the first device that is seen by the driver.
>>
>> Use multiple values: index=2,1,0
>
> I see. But still, isn't weird that this parameter effectively  does
> not prevent any HDMI id from the hda driver to grab the index 0 and
> PCH id is renamed to HDMI_1?

No, this is how these parameters work.  When you say "index=1", the
first device seen by the driver gets index 1, and the second (and third,
if present) get the first free index.  (And this parameter does not
prevent other drivers from claiming this index, if they get loaded
earlier.)

Regards,
Clemens