Hi,

I'm using a HDMI-Switch with integrated Audio-Extractor which is
connected to my surround-system via TOS-Link. Unfortunately TOS-Link
cannot handle multi-channel PCM. So I try to get the a52-plugin working
with HDMI.

It already works with the TOS-Link-port on my notebook:

pcm.a52 {
   @args [CARD]
   @args.CARD {
     type string
   }
   type rate
   slave {
     pcm {
       type a52
       bitrate 448
       channels 6
       card $CARD
#      device 3
     }
   rate 48000 #required somehow, otherwise nothing happens in PulseAudio
   }
}

renne@renne:~$ aplay -l
**** Liste der Hardware-Geräte (PLAYBACK) ****
Karte 0: Intel [HDA Intel], Gerät 0: CX20561 Analog [CX20561 Analog]
   Sub-Geräte: 1/1
   Sub-Gerät #0: subdevice #0
Karte 0: Intel [HDA Intel], Gerät 1: CX20561 Digital [CX20561 Digital]
   Sub-Geräte: 1/1
   Sub-Gerät #0: subdevice #0
Karte 0: Intel [HDA Intel], Gerät 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
   Sub-Geräte: 1/1
   Sub-Gerät #0: subdevice #0

When I try to add a device stanza to use the HDMI-port Pulseaudio
doesn't find a AC3 device/profile.

How can I use the a52-plugin via HDMI?

--
Thanx for any hint,