Dear all,

Recently, I've been re-reading this document:

https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/sound/alsa/Audigy-mixer.txt

In particular, this has been of interest:

*FX-bus - the EMU10K2 chip has an effect bus containing 64 accumulators.
     Each of the synthesizer voices can feed its output to these
accumulators         and the DSP microcontroller can operate with the
resulting sum.*
What I would like to know is how to assign each MIDI channel coming from
the WaveTable synths to an end point that JACK can 'read' (i.e. show up
32-64 channels as readable clients).

Essentially, I want to use the card as a multi-channel sound module,
leaving the computer (and another audio interface) free to process effects
and make live recordings.

Please let me know what I'd need to do to get started, and once I've
completed the configurations, I will make them available for others who may
want to take this approach.

Thanks in advance for your help! If there are any further questions, please
let me know!

Kind Regards,

Dan