Hi,

I'm trying to write an application that can hook into ALSA and receive
all audio and send it across the network. I realize that JACK and
Pulse are probably better suited for implementing this, but I would
like to be able to run this on most Linux machines including
smartphones(hopefully).

Currently, with .asoundrc, I've had limited success with the pcm file plugin.
However, given my lack of knowledge, I've only been able to write this
to a file (instead of a pipe/socket) which starts using a lot of disk
space.

Is there a programmatic way of adding a hook to ALSA at run-time to
capture and forward all audio?

Thanks