Hi,

I'm a newbie in the world of Linux audio and I'm trying to tame an
application called HP RGS that uses JACK for audio.

I'm running RHEL 5 (I know, it's old) on a workstation thats uses artsd
(KDE) as sound server. artsd and jackd do not play well by default. artsd
takes the device (/dev/dsp) and jackd can't bind to the device. What I'm
trying to accomplish is to create a Loopback device (virtual sound card -
/dev/dsp2) using snd-aloop kernel module, bind jackd to that card (hw1,0)
and then route it's audio to the real card (hw0,0) as an audio stream just
like any other app. Would this be possible?

I've created the virtual card and bound to jackd, but I'm stucked on how to
route loopback output to the (mixer? input?) of the real card. I think I
need a asoundrc configurations, but I'm missing some concepts.

Best regards,

Paulo Estrela