hI all,

ECHO informed me that the indigodjx exprescard was not "usb based" but
"PCI express based".
My usb - express adaptor will therefore not work.

Many internet sellers warn for that, which is honest of them, but I did
not notice and ignored it a bit.

So, I will buy a used laptop with express card slot, put Mint 17.1 on
it, and - end well, all well!

best

************************
Hi,

I bought a convertor (usb to express card) that has a usb plug on the
one end and a express female on the other. I put my express card in that
female end, and the usb end in my pc. The thing is MADE for this
purpose, I assumed.

I went to my local store and they connected the card directly into a
laptop with W7, and it saw the card, and after installing the driver
everything was ok. So the express card is 100% at least.

Then we connected through said convertor, but nothing was recognised.
So, that thing must be defective, isn it?

For the moment I assume that also with Mint 17.1 all is ok. It is just
that I cannot connect my express card without the convertor.

So, I am hunting again, I will let you all know,

thanks