>Воскресенье, 10 января 2016, 22:40 +01:00 от Clemens Ladisch
><cladi...@googlemail.com>:
>
>Sergei Steshenko wrote:
>>> Пятница,  8 января 2016, 10:14 +01:00 от Clemens Ladisch <
>>> cladi...@googlemail.com >:

>>> The audio device is configured by whatever program actually writes to it,
>>> probably your host.  What is it?  How is it configured?
>>
>> the program is 'ecasound'.
>
>And how have you configured ecasound?  Is it using Jack?  If yes, how have
>you configured Jack?
>

>Regards,
>Clemens
Ecasound does not use Jack, and I used '-b 1024' on command line. I.e. buffer
length in ecasound 1024 samples.

Again, the same audio gig shows different latencies, and, as I have written
earlier, different buffer lengths, depending on USB vs non-USB audio.

Is there a default buffer length which does not depend on  the application ? Is
udev involved ? If yes, how can I check it and change settings ?

I did perform web search before writing here, and IIRC in 2.6.* kernels there
was a module parameter determining latency - see in
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1608913   " options snd-usb-audio
nrpacks=1 ", but if I understand correctly, the option is no longer available.

Regards,
  Sergei.