On 09/30/2016 04:13 AM, Zakis Korakios wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a Roland JDXi synth (no hardware problems, plays fine in
> Windows on different usb ports) which has 2 modes
>

> Vendor for Audio and midi
>
> Generic for midi only
>

> The problem is that when in Vendor mode, the JDXi locks when connected
> to usb ,until I connect it ,to Jack.
>
> Then it starts playing fine, but if I disconnect it from Jack it stops
> again.

This is a power management issue affecting lot of roland devices (See
earlier thread "Issues with a RolandGaia SH-01"). This will hopefully be
fixed in the future.

> When using an app like Ardour (on alsa mode) the JDXi plays only when
> is on playback or recording mode(no duplex)

Also this issue seems to affect lots of roland devices, unfortunately
the root cause is unknown. Are you getting "Unable to change format on
ep #84: already
in use" messages in your syslog?

Stefan