On Debian 7/Wheezy, I see this file:

    /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf

Provided you have the locate or mlocate or slocate command
installed, you can do this (adding the leading 'm' or 's' if
needed) to see what path(s) might be on your system:

    locate alsa-base.conf

If all else fails, inform us your distribution and release so
someone who knows that distribution can give a more precise
answer.

HTH

Robert