On Wed, 16 Nov 2016 14:48:23 +0100, Miroslav Rovis wrote:
>"build your own Firefox with ALSA enabled"

libpulse is just a make dependency, but even if it should be installed,
it doesn't matter.

https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/firefox/
https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk?h=packages/firefox

I'm using Firefox on Arch Linux without pulseaudio.

[weremouse@moonstudio archlinux]$ sudo systemd-nspawn -q pacman -Qi firefox
pulseaudio libpulse | grep Na -A2
Failed to create directory /mnt/archlinux/sys/fs/selinux: Read-only file system
Failed to create directory /mnt/archlinux/sys/fs/selinux: Read-only file system
Name            : firefox
Version         : 50.0-1
Description     : Standalone web browser from mozilla.org
--
Name            : pulseaudio
Version         : 2013.08.18-1

To use Firefox without pulseaudio, I never needed to build it myself.
Even not on other distros, but Arch is my everyday Linux and I anyway
try to stay away from Firefox, so often it's not installed.

[weremouse@moonstudio archlinux]$ ls -hAl /usr/local/bin/firefox; apt list
qupzilla; lsb_release -d
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 6 Jan 12  2016 /usr/local/bin/firefox -> icecat
Listing... Done
qupzilla/xenial,now 1.8.9~dfsg1-3 amd64 [installed]