On a similar note, the sample rate seems to be specified when instantiating the
PCM plugin, but I’m not aware if frames per buffer is ?

From: Robert Bielik
Sent: Monday, 18 May 2020 10:39
To: alsa-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: ALSA PCM plugin lifetime

Hi all,

I have a system setup where I need a post-processing ALSA PCM plugin. But how
is the lifetime managed by the ALSA server? Will the plugin only be
instantiated whilst there is an audio stream running?

Is it possible to setup an ALSA configuration that keeps the PCM plugin
instantiated, whether or not there is any audio running? (there will be an
external application that communicates with the plugin through unix sockets)

Regards
/Robert

The information in this email (including any attachments) may contain
confidential and/or proprietary material. Any review, retransmission or use of
this information by persons or entities other than the intended, authorized
recipient is prohibited. If you received this email in error, please notify the
sender and delete the material. For information regarding how Dirac handles
personal data, please visit https://www.dirac.com/privacy-policy.