People,

With my .asoundrc attached hereunder I used to be able to have inputs and outputs from various sources without having to worry about using things like Jack etc, but after the change in the Subject:

- I can record online here:

  https://online-voice-recorder.com

happily while I use Jitsi (which can record to my DropBox account) but when I do this CLI command as well:

  arecord -D hw:0,0 -f S32_LE -c 2 ttt.wav

I get this result:

  arecord: main:831: audio open error: Device or resource busy

Is some kind ALSA guru able to tell me if there is a change I can make to my .asoundrc file that will allow me to have the convenience of my previous setup of being able to have multiple source and destination devices without needing to use extra software?

Thanks,

Phil.

.asoundrc:

pcm.!default {
        type plug
        slave.pcm "asymed"
}

# This is the audio output:
pcm.dmixer {
        type dmix
        ipc_key 1024
        slave {
                pcm "hw:0,0"
                period_time 0
                period_size 1024
                buffer_size 4096
                rate 44100
        }
        bindings {
                0 0
                1 1
        }
}

ctl.dmixer {
        type hw
        card 0
}

# This is the microphone
pcm.dsnooped {
        ipc_key 1027
        type dsnoop
        slave.pcm "hw:0,0"
}

# This makes both channels work together.
pcm.asymed {
        type asym
        playback.pcm "dmixer"
        capture.pcm "dsnooped"