time ada yang sesetengah kita sibuk duk kat rumah berehat..ada saudara kita
yang sebaliknya...

  Bloody Sunday - the aftermath
Kuek Ser Kuang Keng - May 29, 06 8:03pm

  Ten-year-old Mohd Zafran Amran saw his father being beaten by Federal Reserve
Unit (FRU) personnel at a demonstration yesterday.

When met at the Pusat Rawatan Islam in Kuala Lumpur this afternoon, the
schoolboy had two words to describe the police personnel - ‘orang jahat’ (bad
people).

“I was alone (when the FRU charged) and was very scared,” said Mohd Zafran,
whose father Amran Zulkifli was hospitalised after being repeatedly clubbed by
the police.

The sight of Amran, whose blood was profusely flowing from deep wounds in his
head, had shocked those who were at the protest.

The 38-year-old businessman was immediately sent to the Pusat Rawatan Islam,
Kuala Lumpur, where he was given five stitches.

Numerous organisations and opposition leaders have strongly condemned the
police’s aggression against the 500-odd anti-fuel price hike demonstrators who
had gathered peacefully outside the
Kuala Lumpur City Centre.

‘Worried about my son’

When malaysiakini met Amran today, he revealed palm-sized black-blue bruises on
his shoulder, his back and upper-right arm.

“I was not afraid (when the FRU charged), but I was worried for my kid. I was
afraid he would be attacked too,” he said.

Recounting the incident, Amran said he shielded his son with his arms when the
police had fired their water cannons. They then quickly moved out of range.

"Then came the FRU - armed with shields and batons. They beat whoever came in
their path. We had no chance to plea to them, we could only run."

"In the chaos, I lost my son. So I slowed down. The FRU came from behind me and
they kept beating my back and head with their shields and batons," he added.

According to him, blood began flowing profusely from his head and his black
shirt turned red.

"I felt dizzy but I continued to run from them," said Amran, who was discharged
today.

Amran’s friends sent him to the hospital. Despite being drenched in blood, the
businessman managed to call a friend to look after his son while he received
medical treatment.

He said a photo journalist was also beaten on the head and he also bled while
others suffered from bruises.

Amran went ballistics when told that Dang Wangi district police chief Kamal
Pasha claimed 'minimum force' was used by the FRU. Kamal added that the police
had acted in self-defense.

"If it was minimum force, they won't hit our heads. We were unarmed, we didn't
assault the FRU. They were not dispersing the protestors. This was not
dispersing. They wanted to hurt us!"

Amran had lodged a police report over his assault yesterday.

Broken hand

Meanwhile, another demonstrator Lim Ban Teng, 24, broke his right hand when he
was hit with a baton.

He told malaysiakini that the protestors had shouted "OK, OK, we disperse!" but
the FRU had ignored the plea.

According to a video footage taken during the scuffle, the protestors were
raising their hands to indicate that they were harmless when the FRU charged.

"They suddenly attacked us," said Lim, who is the treasurer of the Malaysia
Youth and Student Democratic Movement (Dema).

One of Lim’s friends was cut in the face by a police shield while others
sustained minor injuries.

"I can't write. This will affect my job," said Lim, who is a tuition teacher.

Dr Hatta Ramli, the chief organiser of yesterday’s protest, said they will
lodge a complaint with the Human Rights Commission (Suhakam) against the FRU's
violence.

Hatta vowed that the protestors would not be cowed by the police violence
against them. "We are considering another protest."

Photo gallery
Video footage

  Brutal end to anti-fuel hike demo
May 28, 06 2:09pm

  It was supposed to be the climax of a series of anti-fuel hike
demonstrations, yet it ended on a tragic note when police today forcefully
broke up the protest with at least two seriously injured.

  At 10.30am, the 500-strong crowd gathered near the Jalan Ampang entrance of
the iconic Kuala Lumpur City Centre and began their peaceful protest with noisy
chants and fiery speeches.

  One of the protest banners said: "Cronies get rich while workers are
oppressed".

  The protestors also slammed a government's decision last week to raise
electricity tariffs by 12 percent - the first hike in nearly a decade.

Some 100 riot police wielding batons and rifles stood guard in front of KLCC
Twin Towers, alongside several water cannon trucks, as helicopters flew
overhead.

"Everybody is suffering from the fuel hike. Now electricity prices are also up.
These two hikes will hit us hard, whether our pay is large or small," chief
protest organiser Dr Hatta Ramli told the crowd.
  Things took a turn for the worse when the third speaker at the demonstration,
DAP representative Ronnie Liu, expressed his gratitude for the support given by
voters to the opposition at the recent Sarawak state elections.

  Immediately, the police through loudhailers issued an order for the crowd to
disperse. The crowd ignored the warning, and five minutes later, water cannons
were fired.

  Despite being drenched profusely, most of the crowd defiantly held their
ground, prompting plainclothes police officers to move in and make random
arrests.

  Those arrested include Liu, PAS Kubang Kerian member of parliament Salahuddin
Ayub and Parti Keadilan Rakyat deputy information chief Badrul Hisham.

  As the crowd moved out of the water cannons' range, the Federal Reserve Unit
(FRU) charged at them sending many protestors, including women and children,
running for cover as shocked Sunday shoppers looked on.

  Excessive violence
  Eyewitness reports tell of excessive violence being used by the FRU on
several protestors, including PKR deputy secretary-general Zahir Hassan (left
and below), who was kicked a number of times while sprawled on the road.

  Zahir was walking away from the protest venue with his two daughters when he
was repeatedly shoved from behind by a FRU officer using his shield.
  The FRU officer then turned to Zahir’s two daughters, both in their 20s,
pushing one of them. Enraged, Zahir attempted to protect his daughters from the
police officer.

  Instead, Zahir was assaulted by several FRU personnel. He was thrown to the
floor, endured several blows of police baton and at least three kicks - two on
the back and one on the abdomen - prompting his daughters to scream
hysterically.
  All this while, Zahir was clutching onto the anti-fuel hike booklet that was
distributed at the protest. According to PKR information chief Tian Chua, Zahir
- who was arrested by the police - had been sent to the hospital for medical
attention.

An X-ray was taken before Zahir was sent to the Pudu police station where other
detainees were held.

  In another altercation, one protestor was subdued by at least 10 FRU
personnel.

  The protester held on to a police officer in a bid to shield himself from the
blows, which included one from the butt end of a gas canister launcher (second
photo from top).

  Traces of blood stains were also found at the entrance of KLCC, where a
scuffle between FRU personnel and an unidentified protestor had allegedly taken
place. The protestor was believed to have been hospitalised for lacerations to
the head.

  Cops act in self-defence

  Dang Wangi OCPD ACP Kamal Pasha (right) told reporters after the police
wrapped up their operations at about 11.30am, that 18 individuals were
arrested, including two women.

  Asked by malaysiakini if the use of force, especially the repeated kicking by
his men, were justifiable, Kamal told reporters that his men had acted in
self-defence.

  "They (the protestors) resisted arrest. They started kicking first.
(Retaliation) for us is self-defence. Minimum force was used," insisted Kamal.

  After the FRU and the bulk of the police had left the scene, some remaining
300 protestors regroup for a short address by PAS central committee member and
chief protest organiser Hatta.

  He told the crowd that past protests had been peaceful and this protest was
to be the last before they begin a new phase of their anti-fuel hike campaign.

  When he asked the crowd if they should continue street protests in reaction
to today's violent response from the police, he was met with boisterous shouts
of agreement.

  A crowd later gathered outside the Pudu police station where the detained
protestors were held. At about 4pm, all 18 were freed on police bail.

The protestors said that they might go the Human Rights Commission, or Suhakam,
tomorrow to lodge a complaint against the police.

  Is M'sia fit for UN rights council?
May 30, 06 2:05pm

  A regional human rights watchdog is wondering if at all Malaysia is fit to be
part of the newly-established United Nationals Human Rights Council due to its
blatant disregard of human rights on Sunday.

On Sunday, numerous people were injured after police violently broke up a
peaceful demonstration against the fuel and electricity tariff hikes at the
iconic KLCC.

Twenty people were arrested while at least two fathers were brutally assaulted
by riot police in front their children. Shoppers and tourist watched the entire
proceedings in disbelief.

“It is unfortunate that this incident has come right after Malaysia had been
recently appointed into the new Human Rights Council for a period of three
years,

“We would like to remind Malaysia that with this mandate, it is responsible for
improving its domestic human rights record under the universal periodic review,
while ensuring the effectiveness of the council,” said Anselmo Lee, executive
director of Asian Forum for Human Rights and Development (Forum-Asia).

Ending police impunity

The council seeks to address gross, systematic violations and promote
coordination and mainstreaming of human rights within the United Nation’s
system.

Malaysia was picked to join 46 member council purportedly for its ‘free press’
and establishment of the Malaysian Human Rights Commission (Suhakam).

Lee also called on civil society groups in Malaysia, including its affiliate
Suaram, to press on for the immediate establishment of the Independent Police
Complaint and Misconduct Commission (IPCMC).

Based on the violence seen on Sunday, the IPCMC was desperately needed to hold
police officers accountable for any corrupt and violent acts, thus ending total
impunity among members of the police force immediately.

  Vox Populi: The meaning of ‘Bloody Sunday’

May 30, 06 3:46pm

A reader compares the infamous Bloody Sunday in Northern Ireland and Malaysia’s
own Bloody Sunday.

YiFan: From what I know, ‘Bloody Sunday’ was a protest that took place in
Derry, Northern Ireland on Jan 30, 1972. From 1969 to 1970, in a series of
protest against the British, a lot of people died, detained without trial, and
brutally treated by police force and British army in Northern Ireland. The
struggle in Northern Ireland is a complicated issue, different from the issues
that brought to a series of protest in KLCC since March 2006. But, one thing
remains the same - the state has used brutality to "control" the people.

Here in Malaysia, you cannot control people by water cannons and batons.
Because we are progressing towards Vision 2020. Because we applaud the call of
Abdullah Ahmad Badawi for the concepts of Islam Hadhari, not Jihad. Now, my
question is, how can this government, which promotes peace by sending
humanitarian aid to East Timor recently, made their own people bleed in their
homeland. Yes, there might be "only" a few protesters hurt in Sunday’s demo,
but the hearts of many Malaysian are bleeding.

Let us don't forget this. Why do you hurt your own people (in fact, the one who
elected you and trusted your capabilities)? Why do you ask us to listen to your
stories (Islam Hadhari, Malaysian for Peace, Vision 2020, etc.) but ignore
ours? Why don’t the police want the IPCMC?

Don’t forgive them before these questions are answered.

AB: The former prime minister had warned the western nations that the troubles
in and around the Middle East would not end unless the root causes of terrorism
is eradicated.

Perhaps he would be well advised to also send the same message to the present
prime minister with regard to the police action on selected demonstrations, as
I believe the root causes of future upheaval in Malaysia would be the direct
result of the uncontrolled police force which is now seemingly untouchable in
this country.

Should the country's citizens continue to support such a government of bigotry
and cronyism in the elections? If we do not see where this government is taking
us because we are in the "comfort zones" as individuals, there is no one to
blame but us citizens, when the crunch comes.

  http://www.malaysiakini.com/pages/albums/bloody-sunday/

Panduan untuk bakal pengantin & sudah berkahwin.. cara utk mengawal kewangan,
meningkatkan dana kewangan utk berkahwin & sesudah berkahwin, berbelanja secara
berhemah.. insha ALlah

layari laman web>> http://www.maskahwin.com/index.php?ref=delete
untuk keterangan lanjut
 Send instant messages to your online friends http://asia.messenger.yahoo.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/JcWolB/TM

Alternatif-Net : A Discussion Forum Focusing on Issues Related to Justice
            Forum Perbincangan Maya Yang Fokus Kepada Isu Keadilan

Disclaimer: Messages sent do not represent the stand of the Barisan Alternatif
(BA) unless otherwise stated

Complaint : Send to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To Sub    : Send blank e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To Unsub  : Send blank e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo! Groups Links