Friends:

Analysis of the Four Foundations of Awareness!

The Blessed Buddha once said: Bhikkhus, I will teach you:
A: The Foundation of Awareness,
B: The building up of the Foundation of Awareness, &
C: The Way to build up the Foundation of Awareness !!!
Listen to that...

A: And what, Bhikkhus, is the Foundation of Awareness???
While always acutely alert & clearly comprehending, thus removing
any envy, jealousy, frustration & discontent rooted in this world,
the wise Bhikkhu keeps regarding the:
1: Body as an alien frame of filthy foulness...
2: Feeling as a banal ever recurring reactivity...
3: Mind as a habituated set of bizarre mentalities...
4: Phenomena as mentally constructed appearances...
This is the Foundation of Awareness...!!!

B: And what, Bhikkhus, is building up this Foundation of Awareness???
While always acutely alert & clearly comprehending, thus removing
any envy, jealousy, frustration & discontent rooted in this world,
the wise Bhikkhu keeps considering the:
1: Body as something bound to emerge, decay and vanish...
2: Feeling as something naturally arising & fading away...
3: Mind as of nature to appear, disappear, flutter & flicker...
4: Phenomena as momentary manifestations always ending...
This is building up the Foundation of Awareness...!!!

C: And what is the Way to build this Foundation of Awareness???
It is just this Noble 8-fold Way, namely:
Right View  (samma-ditthi)
Right Motivation  (samma-sankappa)
Right Speech  (samma-vaca)
Right Action  (samma-kammanta)
Right Livelihood  (samma-ajiva)
Right Effort  (samma-vayama)
Right Awareness  (samma-sati)
Right Concentration  (samma-samadhi)
This is the Way to build this Foundation of Awareness...!!!

Source of reference (edited extract):
The Grouped Sayings of the Buddha. Samyutta Nikaya.
Book [V: 186] 47 Foundations of Awareness: 44 Analysis..

Details On Four Foundations of Awareness (Sati):
http://What-Buddha-Said.net/drops/What_is_Right_Awareness.htm
http://What-Buddha-Said.net/drops/III/Awareness_Sati.htm
http://What-Buddha-Said.net/drops/Clear_Comprehension.htm

PS: Please include the word Samahita in any comment, since then
will my automatic mail filters pick it up and I will see it & respond!!

       Bhikkhu Samahita, Ceylon.
       Friendship is the Greatest ...
       Composed for the purpose of  Gladdening Good People!

 http://What-Buddha-Said.net
 Dhamma-Questions sent to my email are quite Welcome.

Alternatif-Net : A Discussion Forum Focusing on Issues Related to Justice
            Forum Perbincangan Maya Yang Fokus Kepada Isu Keadilan

Disclaimer: Messages sent do not represent the stand of the Barisan Alternatif
(BA) unless otherwise stated

Complaint : Send to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To Sub    : Send blank e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To Unsub  : Send blank e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: