Hi Suresh, Mirja and Richard,

To make the content consistent, I agree that we should not duplicate the
formal specification. But I don't think it should be a loose dependency.
Personally, I think we should strictly refer to RFC7396, even though it
could be updated or obsoleted. If it is a loose dependency, an ALTO client
adopting the old specification may not be compatible with the ALTO server
adopting the new specification. We should make sure all the clients/servers
based on this document are compatible in any case. If RFC7396 is updated or
obsoleted in the future, we can also update this document.

Jensen