-----Original Messages-----
From: internet-dra...@ietf.org
Sent Time: 2021-08-26 12:41:10 (Thursday)
To: "Y. Yang" <y...@cs.yale.edu>, "Jingxuan Jensen Zhang"
<jingxuan.n.zh...@gmail.com>, "Jingxuan Zhang" <jingxuan.n.zh...@gmail.com>,
"Kai Gao" <kai...@scu.edu.cn>, "Sabine Randriamasy"
<sabine.randriam...@nokia-bell-labs.com>, "Yang Richard Yang"
<y...@cs.yale.edu>, "Young Lee" <younglee...@gmail.com>
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-alto-path-vector-16.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-alto-path-vector-16.txt
has been successfully submitted by Kai Gao and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-ietf-alto-path-vector
Revision:       16
Title:          ALTO Extension: Path Vector
Document date:  2021-08-25
Group:          alto
Pages:          55
Html:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-alto-path-vector-16.html
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-alto-path-vector
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-alto-path-vector-16

Abstract:
   This document is an extension to the base Application-Layer Traffic
   Optimization (ALTO) protocol.  It extends the ALTO Cost Map service
   and ALTO Property Map service so that the application can decide
   which endpoint(s) to connect based on not only numerical/ordinal cost
   values but also details of the paths.  This is useful for
   applications whose performance is impacted by specified components of
   a network on the end-to-end paths, e.g., they may infer that several
   paths share common links and prevent traffic bottlenecks by avoiding
   such paths.  This extension introduces a new abstraction called
   Abstract Network Element (ANE) to represent these components and
   encodes a network path as a vector of ANEs.  Thus, it provides a more
   complete but still abstract graph representation of the underlying
   network(s) for informed traffic optimization among endpoints.

The IETF Secretariat

</younglee...@gmail.com></y...@cs.yale.edu></sabine.randriam...@nokia-bell-labs.com></kai...@scu.edu.cn></jingxuan.n.zh...@gmail.com></jingxuan.n.zh...@gmail.com></y...@cs.yale.edu>