From: Alexey Melnikov <alexey.melni...@isode.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2021 9:24 PM
To: Qin Wu <bill.wu=40huawei....@dmarc.ietf.org>; media-ty...@ietf.org
Cc: draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new....@ietf.org; alto@ietf.org; Francesca
Palombini <francesca.palomb...@ericsson.com>
Subject: Re: [media-types] Application/alto-* Media Types Registration Request
for second document draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new

Hi Qin,

The comments I’ve sent on the other registration apply to this one as well.

Best Regards,

Alexey
On 03/12/2021 11:33, Qin Wu wrote:
Hello,
Here is the registration request of application/alto-* Media Types defined in
section 12.1 of draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new/
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new-21.txt

I’ve included the details below.

Note that this document has already entered into IESG review phase. Francesca
Palombini kindly reminds us and the authors of this draft to
send the media type registrations to the media-type mailing list for review
before the document moves forward. Thanks Francesca.

-Qin (on behalf of chairs)
12.1.  application/alto-* Media Types

   This document updates the IANA Media Types Registry by registering
   two additional ALTO media types, listed in Table 1.

         +=============+=========================+===============+
         | Type        | Subtype                 | Specification |
         +=============+=========================+===============+
         | application | alto-propmap+json       | Section 7.1   |
         +-------------+-------------------------+---------------+
         | application | alto-propmapparams+json | Section 8.3   |
         +-------------+-------------------------+---------------+

                   Table 1: Additional ALTO Media Types.

   Type name:
      application

   Subtype name:
      This document registers multiple subtypes, as listed in Table 1.

   Required parameters:
      n/a

   Optional parameters:
      n/a

   Encoding considerations:
      Encoding considerations are identical to those specified for the
      "application/json" media type.  See [RFC8259].

   Security considerations:
      Security considerations related to the generation and consumption
      of ALTO Protocol messages are discussed in Section 15 of
      [RFC7285].

   Interoperability considerations:
      This document specifies formats of conforming messages and the
      interpretation thereof.

   Published specification:
      This document is the specification for these media types; see
      Table 1 for the section documenting each media type.

   Applications that use this media type:
      ALTO servers and ALTO clients either stand alone or are embedded
      within other applications.

   Additional information:
      Magic number(s):  n/a

      File extension(s):  This document uses the mime type to refer to
         protocol messages and thus does not require a file extension.

      Macintosh file type code(s):  n/a

   Person & email address to contact for further information:
      See Authors' Addresses section.

   Intended usage:
      COMMON

   Restrictions on usage: