Francesca Palombini has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-alto-cost-mode-03: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to
https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/handling-ballot-positions/

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-cost-mode/

COMMENT:

# ART AD Review of draft-ietf-alto-cost-mode-03

cc @fpalombini

Thank you for the work on this document.

Many thanks to Jaime Jimenez for his ART ART review:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/art/AdWmf0LOQ2JPGOZRQWVqTczvlwA/, and
thanks to the authors for addressing his comment.

I only have one comment about the IANA section - I do not believe it rises as a
DISCUSS, but I strongly think it should be addressed before publication.

Francesca

## Comments

### IANA considerations

Section 4:
>   This document requests IANA to create a new subregistry entitled
>   "ALTO Cost Modes" under the "Application-Layer Traffic Optimization
>   (ALTO) Protocol" registry available at [ALTO].

Please add a paragraph going over the different fields in the registry, listing
them and providing a short description.

In the definition for the "Identifier" field you should either repeat or point
to the constraints defined in Section 3.2, including the fact that identifiers
prefixed with "priv:" are reserved for Private Use (Section 4.1 of [RFC8126])
(which I believe is more precise than just saying "_Cost modes_ prefixed with
"priv" are reserved ..." at the end of the section).

## Notes

This review is in the ["IETF Comments" Markdown format][ICMF], You can use the
[`ietf-comments` tool][ICT] to automatically convert this review into
individual GitHub issues.

[ICMF]: https://github.com/mnot/ietf-comments/blob/main/format.md
[ICT]: https://github.com/mnot/ietf-comments