Hi Dong,

Many thanks for your review. Please see my response inline.

Thanks,
Jensen

On Fri, May 19, 2023 at 11:33 PM <gd=40tongji.edu...@dmarc.ietf.org> wrote:

> Dear ALTOers and authors of draft-ietf-alto-oam-yang,
>
> Below is my review for draft-ietf-alto-oam-yang-07.
>
> Since I'm new to ALTO, please consider my review comments as suggestions
> for reference purposes.
> If you believe any of my comments are irrelevant, please feel free to
> ignore them.
>
> Best regards,
> Dong

> Section 4.4., paragraph 11:
>
> >       Figure 1: A Reference ALTO Server Architecture and YANG Modules
>
>   In Figure 1, the arrow labels marked with "write" and "read"
>   for the Data Broker can be confusing. If we follow the semantic
>   of the "write" arrow, then the "read" arrow can be understood as
>   Data Broker reads Algorithm Plugin. It would be better to maintain
>   consistency in the semantic of the arrows by following the "src as
>   subject, dst as object, and label as predicate" convention. This
>   would help to clarify the direction and purpose of the data flow
>   between components in the architecture.

Good catch. We will fix the arrow directions.

>  5.  Design of ALTO O&M Data Model
>

> Section 5.1., paragraph 2:
>
> >    As shown in Figure 2, the top-level container 'alto' in the "ietf-
> >    alto" module contains a single 'alto-server' and a list of 'alto-
> >    client' that are uniquely identified.
>
>   The document uses both single and double quotation marks (e.g.,
>   'alto', "ietf-alto", 'alto-server'), are they written by design? Or
>   a consistent format is possible?

All the quotation marks should be double. We will fix this.

> >    The list 'alto-client' defines a list of configurations for other
> >    applications to bootstrap an ALTO client.  These data nodes can also
> >    be used by data sources and information resource creation algorithms
> >    that are configured by an ALTO server instance.
>

> Section 5.3.2., paragraph 1:
>
> >    To satisfy R2 in Section 4.2, the ALTO server instance contains the
> >    the logging data nodes shonw in Figure 7.
>
>   s/shonw/shown

Fixed.

> >    The 'logging-system' data node provides configuration to select a
> >    logging system to capture log messages generated by an ALTO server.
>

> Section 5.4.1., paragraph 5:
>
> >    *  A unique `source-id' for resource creation algorithms to
> >       reference.
>
>   s\`source-id'\'source-id'

Fixed.

> >    *  The 'source-type' attribute to declare the type of the data
> >       source.
>

> Section 7., paragraph 0:
>
> > 7.  ALTO OAM YANG Modules
>
>   This section has no description, or if the YANG spec has already
>   explained everything, just ignore this comment.
> > 7.1.  The "ietf-alto" YANG Module
>

> Section 8., paragraph 8:
>
> >    The "ietf-alto" supports an HTTP listen mode to cover cases where the
> >    ALTO server stack does not handle the TLS termination itself, but is
> >    handled by a separate component.  Special care should be considered
> >    when such mode is enabled.  Note that the default listen mode is
> >    "https".
>
>   s/"https"/HTTPS

"https" is a case node of the "transport" choice under
"alto-server-listen-stack" grouping. This is not a nit.

>   What is the HTTP listen mode and TLS termination? I think they refer to
> the implementation of an HTTP(s) server and closing HTTPS connection by
> server.
>  If so, they are general processes which are out of the scope of OAM
> security,
>  so I feel there is no need to list it here.

The security considerations are not only limited to OAM but all the
operations of the YANG data model. But thanks for the comment. We will
clarify this.