Does this apply to the TeleMini as well?

Thanks,

Elaine

From: altusmetrum-boun...@lists.gag.com
[mailto:altusmetrum-boun...@lists.gag.com] On Behalf Of David Abmayr
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2013 11:42 AM
To: Altus Metrum
Subject: Re: [altusmetrum] Any news on the next rev of the telemetrum?

Keith,

Regarding this issue, I wanted to see if a problem I had during a recent
flight could be caused by this issue. I generally use Q2G2 igniters for
ejection charges, and they have worked well in ground testing. However, I
had a flight where the TeleMetrum lost power at apogee. The drogue deployed,
but the TeleMetrum quit transmitting. When I recovered the rocket, I opened
the avionics bay, unscrewed the power switch (I use Featherweight screw
switches) and reconnected it. The power immediately came back on. I haven't
found any damage to the board, and all seems to work correctly (though I
haven't ground tested again). I thought that my switch might have been loose
and the connection lost by the apogee event, but could it have been the
battery? Thoughts?

Thanks,

David

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 10:44 PM, Keith Packard <kei...@keithp.com> wrote:

Winton Davies <wdav...@cs.stanford.edu> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Having lost a beeline in an MD, I'm thinking of going GPS, and telemetrum
> seems like the best solution. However, I heard there's a new rev (post
1.2)
> in the works to deal with a reset issue? Any ideas when that'll be ready
> purchase?

We've root-caused a problem with some batteries we were shipping with TM
that was causing boards to reset when charges fired. Read all about it
here:

http://www.gag.com/bdale/blog/posts/Batteries_and_Pyro_Circuits.html

No TM hardware changes required to fix this; just takes a minor mod to
the battery.

-keith