RE: My previous "Anyone care to guess as to whether I'd be able to open a
pack up and harvest one of
                         the cells?"

On re-reading it seems poorly composed.

What I *meant* is:

"Is opening up an electric RC model airplane lithium battery with 2 or 3
cells in series
likely to be fairly easy for someone that isn't afraid of

http://www.altusmetrum.org/Documents/FixBattery/

?

And/or have any thoughts or caveats re the above.