Frank Smith wrote:

> The starttime option works for making sure a backup occurs AFTER a
> certain time, but how can you make sure one occurs BEFORE a time?

I suppose AMANDA polls the current time and starts dumping as soon as
the "starttime" is in the past. In this case, if the polling interval is
small enough, then approaching the exact time from a time _AFTER_ comes
arbitrarily close to approaching it from a time _BEFORE_ that. In the
limit (AMANDA polling each and every time quantum...eh, jiffie ;-)) they
are equal. Actually, this is how real numbers (we think of time as
such...) are defined in mathematics :-)

--
Regards

Chris Karakas