On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 06:52:47PM -0500, John R. Jackson wrote:
> >Is that tapecycle < 'reuse' lines? Or tapecycle <= 'reuse' lines?
>
> The number of "reuse" tapelist lines should equal the tapecycle value.
> If there are less lines than tapecycle, Amanda will want new tapes
> until it gets enough in the tapelist.
>
> But that's not what's happening to you.  You actually have **more**
> tapelist entries than your tapecycle.  I'm almost positive that in this
> (unusual) situation, Amanda will do what it usually does and insist on
> using the oldest tape, which would be 1283-000111.

No, amanda will use any reusable tape except the last tapecycle-1.

> But amcheck was not quite ready for this situation and it stopped looking
> after it had scanned "tapecycle" (5) tapes.  Had it gone a couple more
> (or looked at all marked "reuse"), or if you had run it again, things
> would have gone OK.

I looked at the code, amanda should scan all slot. How many slot
your changer has?

There was 4 active tapes and one tape (1283-000106) that doesn't
match your labelstr, so amanda can't use it.

Your problem might be your labelstr?

Jean-Louis
--
Jean-Louis Martineau             email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Departement IRO, Universite de Montreal