Quoting Dan Wilder ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 02:13:32PM -0500, Paul Tomblin wrote:
> > Can somebody please explain this recent rash of people posting uns*bscr*be
> > messages to the list?  What's the matter, don't people pay *any* attention
>
> The list server can no doubt be set up to divert such traffic.
> Unfortunately that increases the workload of the list maintainer.

As a list maintainer myself, I'm well aware of that.  That's why I
obfuscated the word "s*bscr*be".

> On the lists I maintain, there are unsubscribe instructions in the footer
> of each post.  That doesn't entirely eliminate such requests being

Yes, I do that as well, ever since I switched to using mailman instead of
majordomo.  It seems to work fairly well, even with such perpetually
computer-clueless people as pilots.

--
Paul Tomblin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, not speaking for anybody
God is real, unless declared as an integer.