Suddenly one (and only one) of my clients is failing, and only on the
file systems that use tar.  Amanda reports that /bin/tar returned 2.
Since tar is working on this machine I am perplexed.  Amanda never gets
the estimate.  This just happened in last 2 days with no changes being
made so we're pretty confused.  The server and client and both running
debain linux 2.1 and amanda-2.4.1p11.
--
George Kelbley                  System Support Group
Computer Science Department     University of New Mexico