On Thu, 7 Dec 2000, Bill Delphenich wrote:
> After much futzing around with the .amandahosts file, it turned out Red
> Hat's default one had been right all along.  The last little gotcha I
> ran into was the "operator" user that had been created had not been made
> a member of the "disk" group, although most file ownerships were
> correct. . Once I took care of that little detail, everything is golden.

It's funny at first to see that RH decided to use the user "operator" for
amanda. Then again, it is fairly logical and I uderstand the desire not to
add yet another default user into the system.

A lot of people mock RH's choices but to me they seem to make quite a lot
of sense. I'm not advocating RH or anything, I believe in freedom of
choice so to say.

Anyway, this brought a question into my mind:
Does the username have to be constant across Amanda clients?

I mean, I think the server amanda user can be different because this can
be set in .amandahosts but can you set the username on per-client basis?