mnk wrote:
> 1 - pondering keemiya:/dev/dsk/c1t3d0s6... next_level0 -11299 last_level -1 (due for
>level 0) (new disk, can't switch to degraded mode)

This is normal. Means "I have to switch to degraded mode, but I can't,
because this is a new disk and, since I haven't done any full backups of
it yet, I cannot compute any incrementals. But in degraded mode, I
_have_ to do only incrementals (this is my default behaviour, which you
can change setting the reserve parameter to less that 100 in
amanda.conf)."

This will disappear, as soon as AMANDA has done a full backup of
/dev/dsk/c1t3d0s6.

> 2 - How the heck do I start the amanda daemon on the client!!

You must have configured inetd correctly on the client - RTFM ;-)

--
Regards

Chris Karakas
Don´t waste your cpu time - crack rc5: http://www.distributed.net