Matt McManus wrote:

> I have now got amanda running very happily on my network. I have a query
> about how to turn hardware compression 'off' on my Quantum DLT4000 drive.
> At the moment I use the 'density select' button on the front of the drive,
> but I understand that I am able to do this with the 'tapedev'.
>
> At the moment my tapedev is "/dev/nst0"
>
> Will the following work to disable compression: "/dev/nst0 compression 0"
>
> thanks for the help,
>
> matt

 hi Matt,

 if I remember well , I used the datcompression flag with my QT4000

 mt -f /dev/nst0 datcompression on

 (this can be checked with the compression led on the tape device)

 ..but this option works depending on other flags, like "compression"
 and "defcompression". Have a look at the "mt" man page to get some
 more details.

Pierre.