Oh, well then you could do a little wrapper program.
I am not 100% sure if this would work, but you could try it.

Rename amandad amandad.real, and then make a shell script called
amandad and have it invoke the command and then amandad... You may need to
add a duplicate entry in /etc/inetd.conf for amandad.real as well or some
such modifications.  I am unsure though, maybe amandad on the server may just
fail immediately if it doesn't get the response it needs... I would try it
experimentally first in a safe environment.