Jan Van den Abeele wrote:

> For obvious reasons (inetd is no more ... xinetd.conf) this doesn't work
> for Redhat 7.0...

Check the list archives using "xinetd" as keyword. This has been handled
already some times in the past. I found the following posting (but there
might be more out there):

--------snip---------

1) the rpm files don't create a file amandad in /etc/xinetd.d, so you
have to create one :

#xinetd.d file = amandad#
# default: off
#

service amanda
{
        socket_type             = dgram
        protocol                = udp
        wait                    = yes
        user                    = operator
        group                   = disk
        server                  = /usr/lib/amanda/amandad
        disable                 = no
}

after this you have to create an entry in hosts.allows as well ... I
added the following line on the server PC:

ALL: localhost 127.0.0.1 128.197.61.90

4) I used the following amandaidx amidxtape files :
#xinetd.d file = amandaidx#
# default: off
#

service amandaidx
{
        socket_type             = stream
        protocol                = tcp
        wait                    = yes
        user                    = operator
        group                   = disk
        server                  = /usr/lib/amanda/amindexd
        disable                 = no
}

#xinetd.d file = amidxtape#
# default: off
#
#

service amidxtape
{
        socket_type             = stream
        protocol                = tcp
        wait                    = no
        user                    = operator
        group                   = disk
        server                  = /usr/lib/amanda/amidxtaped
        disable                 = no
}

--
Regards