>Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 13:48:31 -0400 (AST)
>From: The Hermit Hacker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>I tried typing:

>%amadmin hub.org reuse Vol_1
>amadmin: tape Vol_1 already reusable.

>yet amcheck hub.org tells me that I need a new tape ...

Sounds as if the number of tapes amanda knows about that are already
written to is less than the claimed tapecycle.

>so how does one reuse a tape already written to? *raised eyebrow*

To force the issue, "amrmtape" followed by "amlabel".  But I'd encourage
folks to be pretty sure that the result (including effective destruction
of any backup data on the tape in question) is really what is wanted
before doing it.

And if tapecycle cannot match reality, at least make it an under-estimate,
vs. promising amanda more resources than she really has available.

Cheers,
david
--
David Wolfskill      [EMAIL PROTECTED]   UNIX System Administrator
Desk: 650/577-7158   TIE: 8/499-7158   Cell: 650/759-0823